ACE high performance
ACE’s climatic capabilities make it ideal for high-performance testing, research, product development and training for a variety of sports and disciplines. From cycling and skiing, to wind surfing and sailing, our one-of-a-kind facility aims to make athletes perform better. The high-performance centre combines physiology and biomechanics with aerodynamics and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to help increase the performance of athletes and provide innovations in their equipment. ACE gives athletes from many different disciplines the competitive advantage they need to win.
ACE is currently in the process of developing cycling technology for its climatic wind tunnel. This will be the only climatic cycling test centre in the world, providing control of temperature, humidity, wind, rain, snow, slush and sun. We will be able to take aerodynamic fittings, research and product development to a whole new level by accurately simulating the conditions of racing in the real world. We can help athletes and teams train and prepare in climates identical to those that will be expected at their most important competitions.
- Product development: Develop products to take performance to the next level. Utilize ACE's $100-million climatic wind tunnel to conduct your research and development in any climate imaginable. Whether its testing bike aerodynamics in a tropical downpour to putting the quality of your apparel to the test in a frigid blizzard, ACE can help increase the performance of your products.
- Aerodynamic fittings: Take part in the wind tunnel experience and leave faster. Cycling fitters, physiotherapists and experts in biomechanics pool their skills to get every rider into the most optimum position possible. Discover your most efficient aerodynamic position while allowing yourself to produce maximum power with the least effort.
- Climatic group rides: Have the off-season blues? Arrange a climatic training session for your team, club or group of friends to take a break from the ordinary. The climatic wind tunnel can hold up to 50 riders with their bikes and stationary trainers. Choose your climates - from a chilly arctic snowstorm to a midday desert heat or a humid tropical downpour. Bond as a team and get a workout in the one-of-a-kind climatic wind tunnel, only offered at ACE.
Skiing will soon be available at ACE’s climatic wind tunnel. This will be the only facility where climatic capabilities such as snow and frigid temperatures can be added to ski research and fit analysis, allowing racers to better simulate real-world conditions.
We will offer:
- Fit analysis: Receive the ultimate wind tunnel experience to ensure you are utilizing your fastest position in competitions. Work with skiing and biomechanics experts as well as physiotherapists to learn how you can save time in your next competition.
- Product development: Develop products to take performance to the next level. Utilize ACE's $100-million climatic wind tunnel to conduct your research and development in any climate imaginable. Whether its testing equipment aerodynamics, or putting your apparel to the test in a frigid blizzard, ACE can help increase the performance of your products.
Industry and academic collaborations at ACE are perfect opportunities to increase your capital, as all money spent on research and development at ACE has the potential to be multiplied through government funding programs. Our team of funding specialists will assist you with the preparation of your submissions and help align you with the right people in the right agencies so you can acquire funding for your research and industry/academic collaborations. Collaborations will allow you to utilize some of Canada’s brightest minds to make your research and development a success.
Whether you are developing new equipment, apparel or accessories for athletes, or discovering how the limitations of the human body can be pushed to new levels of performance, ACE’s climatic testing facility and the world-class experts at UOIT can make your research a success and give you a competitve edge.